Sunday, February 10, 2008

Achtung Parents!


Just stumbled across this...being a U2 extremist as a child and somewhat of a bountiful uncle as of late, I may have to make an immediate purchase. Some of the arrangements are flawless, others are absolutely ridiculous and trite. I must find out who the great marimba-ist (?) is that reinterpreted these is. Listen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000L22TAG%3ftag=musicstack-20%26link_
code=xm2%26camp=2025%26dev-t=17EZCN79AJR0X7QYQW02
Looks like whoever put this together also has a Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, and The Cure version. I think my nieces will have to wait to have Robert Smith's world explained to them. I couldn't help but think of the great 'Bedtime with Beatles' compilations that Jason Falkner put together a few years back: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000L22TAG%3ftag=musicstack-20%26link_code=
xm2%26camp=2025%26dev-t=17EZCN79AJR0X7QYQW02
There is also a pink version, that is particularly popular with my friends and family.
I think I've purchased and gifted this same record about 8 times. It's a great baby shower/welcome-back-from-prison gift. You know, uplifting as it were...

No comments: